Home | Pioneers | Contact Us | Copyright/Disclaimer
The Caledonian Stores,
1866, Charles Solomon and David Moses
The Caledonian Stores, Vale Street, Cooma, was first established about Sixty years ago by the late Charles Solomon and David Moses, who traded as Moses and Solomon. In 1886 Mr. Moses left the business, and after his departure the business gradually grew until it was necessary in 1902 to open their new and commodious premises called "The Caledonian Stores." The late Mr. Solomon died in 1915, and the establishment is now carried on by the executive under the capable management of his, eldest son, Mr. L. S. Solomon.
From "BACK TO COOMA" Celebrations, Felix Mitchell 1926, Page 125 - Transcribed by Pattrick Mould June 2003