Home | Pioneers | Contact Us | Copyright/Disclaimer
Mr. John Mack,
Commonwealth Stores is situated in Sharp Street, Cooma. Mr. John Mack, the owner of this progressive business, first started in a small way near the Railway Hotel, corner of Murray and Bombala Streets in 1897. We then went into partnership with his brother Charles, trading as Mack Bros., on the corner of Commissioner and Vale Streets in premises occupied formerly by Jackson's Stores. After the expiration of the partnership, Mr. Mack purchased the old shop from Mr. J. A. Shannon and built the up-to-date premises which he now occupies.
From "BACK TO COOMA" Celebrations, Felix Mitchell 1926, Page 125 - Transcribed by Pattrick Mould June 2003