Home | Pioneers | Contact Us | Copyright/Disclaimer
P. D. Murphy Ltd.,
Hinton Bros 1858
P. D. Murphy Ltd., of Sharp Street, Cooma, are General Merchants. The business was established in 1858 by Hinton Bros., who transferred to Hall and Dunn. The latter sold to Mr. David O'Rourke, who became later associated with Mr, W. Willmott, who carried on after dissolution of his partnership with Mr. O'Rourke as W. Wllmott and Co. Through successive changes it then became P. D. Murphy and Co., and in 1912 was floated into a limited liability company. Mr. Edmund Dykes is Managing Director, and is ably carrying out his duties in that capacity. The principles guiding the conduct of this flourishing business are honest trading and only best values supplied.
From "BACK TO COOMA" Celebrations, Felix Mitchell 1926, Page 125 - Transcribed by Pattrick Mould June 2003